R E C I P E for S T I L E T T O S O N K E T T L E C O R N
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/3 cup of organic popcorn kernels (GMO corn is not for you)
- 3 tbsp organic canola oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (half that if you don't want it super sweet)
- salt to taste
- protective oven mitts that stylishly cover the luminous, youthful skin of your forearms
M E T H O D
1. In your biggest pot with a tight-fitting lid, add oil and 4 test kernels. Cover and heat on high until those kernels pop. So fun!
2. Turn off the heat and add the sugar and remaining kernels. Stir and recover. Let sit for 30 seconds before turning the heat on again. This is a super nerdy trick to minimize un-popped kernels from Cooks' Illustrated, they can tell you all about it.
3. Make sure it's covered and turn the heat back on, this time to medium-high. Your goal is to NOT BURN THE SUGAR but pop all the kernels. Be nice to it, but give it the heat it needs; tough love. Remove the lid occasionally, shake the pot to keep things moving. Do not scorch the popcorn and do not burn your beautiful skin. Hot oil is for real and you need to keep the lid working for you as a shield. This is living on the edge and it will make you feel alive.
4. After it goes 1-2 seconds between pops, turn off the heat, add salt to taste and shake it around. Pour it into a serving bowl. Share with friends. Or maybe eat it all yourself.